LLANELLI Mind has a new building right in the centre of town – and it was officially opened by actor Richard Mylan on World Mental Health Day (October 10th).
Llanelli Mind help around 1,000 people in the community with their mental health every year. They offer a range of services and have recently taken over a new, bigger building on Inkerman Street – meaning they can give more help to more people than before.
Jen Caton, CEO of Llanelli Mind, said: “We’re delighted to have our new premises on Inkerman Street. It’s an amazing building, with lots of room for us to offer help to people who need it most.
“We were really proud that Richard came and opened the building for us – he’s been through so much in his own life and it meant a lot for him to be a part of this special day.”
The services Llanelli Mind are offering include:
– Drop in support – so no need for an appointment or a referral from your GP
– Organised support groups including help with self esteem, and hearing voices
– A group to support people who care for others
– Therapeutic activities including arts & crafts, book clubs, and history groups
– A befriending service for people who are struggling with loneliness
– Projects for children and young people
– One on one counselling services
– Twilight service, open after work hours and into the night, for people who need urgent help but who aren’t ill enough to visit A&E
The new building also commemorates past service users of Llanelli Mind who sadly lost their lives over the past few years, including the Mike Hobson Diner, Digby Fletcher IT Suite, and others.
Richard Mylan added: “It was a huge honour to be asked to open Llanelli Mind.
“Llanelli Mind’s centres are a lifeline to their communities. As someone who’s suffered from debilitating mental health issues resulting in a cycle of addiction which lasted over 20 years, I know how important Mind is in terms of frontline mental health & wellbeing support.
“The myriad of services each centre offers has an incredible positive impact on the lives of those who engage.”
If you need help with your mental health, contact Llanelli Mind at 01554 752 751 or email email@example.com