THE person who died following an explosion at premises in Treforest Industrial Estate, can now be named as 40-year-old Danielle Evans.
Formal identification took place this morning and her family are being supported by specially trained officers.
Danielle’s family has paid the following tribute;
“Dan was a whirlwind of a woman. She leaves a gaping hole in her family and friends’ hearts, which will never be replaced. She was an intelligent, caring and beautiful soul. She started her own successful laboratory business – Celtic Food Labs. Poured her heart and soul into it, but the most important things to her were her husband, family, dogs and friends!
“She was a fiercely loyal and loving wife. The best friend anyone could hope for. She met strangers and friends with the same positive, infectious and loving energy. She pulled you into her orbit like nobody you will ever meet or will again. A magnet that pulled us all together.
“Her passions were science, camping, partying with her friends and quality time with her beloved family. She was an amazing aunty and cherished every second with her nieces. She came from a loving family and was so close to her mum, dad, brother, aunties and uncles, her love was boundless. She touched so many lives. She will be so sorely missed but my word, do we all have some amazing memories that we made and cherish!
“We would like to give a big heartfelt Thank You to all of the Emergency Services who attended and who are involved with the incident, your efforts throughout have been professional and heroic. We thank each and every one of you from the bottom of our hearts.”
Detective Superintendent Richard Jones said: “Our thoughts remain with Danielle’s family, friends and work colleagues, at what is a very difficult time for them.
“Our enquiries are ongoing to establish the cause of the incident, and these enquiries are being carried out in partnership with relevant agencies.
“The patience and understanding of the businesses in Treforest Industrial Estate and local residents is very much appreciated whilst this work remains ongoing.”
South Wales Police is working with fire service and Health and Safety Executive colleagues to establish the cause. A Major Incident Public Portal (MIPP) to allow the public to upload mobile phone, CCTV or other video footage as well as any other information they may hold which could assist in the investigation. Anyone who may have video footage of the explosion is asked to submit it to the investigation team by using this link – https://mipp.police.uk/operation/62SWP23B79-PO1